Ryan Seacrest will still host E!'s big Oscars red carpet pre-show, despite the resurfaced sexual harassment allegations from his former personal stylist. Seacrest has denied the claims, but since he's in the spotlight right before Sunday's Oscars, that may affect his red carpet coverage.
Suzie Hardy has alleged, per Variety, "years of unwanted sexual aggression -- grinding his erect penis against her while clad only in his underwear, groping her vagina, and at one point slapping her buttock so hard that it left a large welt still visible hours later." Seacrest said he was already cleared by a third party investigation.
It's a delicate situation. We saw at the Golden Globes how E! could become part of the story, with stars mentioning Catt Sadler live on air. Would Seacrest end up in the same boat?
Page Six talked to some top Hollywood publicists who said, depending on the client, they will just have the star speak to E!'s Giuliana Rancic or skip E! altogether:
"Usually Ryan is the one you want ... but there are so many outlets on that carpet, why risk it? There's plenty of other places for clients to get the exposure," one publicist told Page Six.
Another added, "[I]f it was a [client who had been involved in the #MeToo movement], I would never put them in that position. I don't think any smart person would."
The 2018 Academy Awards air this Sunday, March 4 on ABC. As usual, E! is doing live red carpet coverage pretty much all day long. ABC is doing an "Oscars Opening Ceremony: Live From the Red Carpet" starting at 6:30 p.m. EST and running until the ceremony at 8 p.m.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.