The robots have come for "Game of Thrones" — and they know who might die in the final season.
"Who will die on 'Game of Thrones'" is a game all fans play, but a data scientist named Taylor Larkin to it to the extreme. Larkin, who works for DataRobot, wrote an algorithm to predict which characters would meet their demise in Season 8.
Larkin studied 2,000 living and dead characters on the fan-created "A Song of Ice and Fire" Wiki and analyzed their traits, like age, gender, nobility status, house, and how many relatives had already died.
Turns out males die more frequently than females (since the former participate in battles), older characters are more likely to perish, and remaining Targaryens may want to be particularly careful with their lives.
Here are the top 10 "Game of Thrones" characters that the algorithm predicts won't make it out of Season 8 alive:
- Daenerys Targaryen – 83.77% chance of death
- Jaime Lannister – 72.91% chance of death
- Tyrion Lannister – 70.76% chance of death
- Bran Stark – 66.02% chance of death
- Cersei Lannister – 60.39% chance of death
- Jon Snow – 58.99% chance of death
- Euron Greyjoy – 54.95% chance of death
- Sansa Stark – 50.28% chance of death
- Arya Stark – 49.04% chance of death
- Gendry – 39.87% chance of death
They'd better start praying to the old gods and the new.
The final season of "Game of Thrones" is scheduled to air sometime in 2019 on HBO.