Ashton Sanders, Shameik Moore Cast in Hulu's Wu-Tang Clan Series
Hulu's series about the origins of The Wu-Tang Clan in '90s New York City just unveiled its six series regulars:
• Shameik Moore of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" and "The Get Down" will play Sha Rader, who is a gunner for a drug dealer when the series starts.
• Siddiq Saunderson is Ghostface Killah (aka Dennis Coles). Saunderson appears in the upcoming Netflix series "Messiah."
• Marcus Callender, who appeared in the Starz show "Power," will play drug dealer Power Grant
• Zolee Griggs ("Ballers") will play Shurrie, who's in a secret relationship with Dennis
• Erika Alexander ("Black Lightining," "Get Out") as Linda, an overworked mother of four.
Chris Robinson, who has directed multiple episodes "Star" and “The New Edition Story" will direct and co-executive produce the pilot.
"Wu-Tang: An American Saga" is based on "The Wu-Tang Manual” and "Tao of Wu."
The series is created, written, and executive produced by Alex Tse ("Superfly") and The RZA. Method Man is an executive producer and Ghostface Killa, Inspectah Deck, Masta Killa, GZA, and the Estate of Ol’ Dirty Bastard will serve as consulting producers on the project.
There's no release date yet for the series.
A documentary "Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men" will air on Showtime this spring.