Plot & Details
'Kick-Ass' tells the story of average teenager Dave Lizewski (Aaron Johnson), a comic-book fanboy who decides to take his obsession as inspiration to become a real-life superhero. As any good superhero would, he chooses a new name -- Kick-Ass -- assembles a suit and mask to wear, and gets to work fighting crime. There's only one problem standing in his way: Kick-Ass has absolutely no superpowers.
His life is forever changed as he inspires a subculture of copy cats, meets up with a pair of crazed vigilantes -- including an 11-year-old sword-wielding dynamo, Hit Girl (Chloe Moretz) and her father, Big Daddy (Nicolas Cage) -- and forges a friendship with another fledgling superhero, Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse). But thanks to the scheming of a local mob boss Frank D'Amico (Mark Strong), that new alliance will be put to the test.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 106min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/16/2010
- DVD Release Date: 08/03/2010
- Distributor(s): Lionsgate
- Director(s): Matthew Vaughn
- Starring: Aaron Taylor-Johnson , Lyndsy Fonseca , Nicolas Cage , Christopher Mintz-Plasse , Mark Strong
- Themes: Vigilantes,Unlikely Heroes
- Tone: Forceful,Humorous,Rousing,Visceral
- Keywords: Superhero, costume, daughter, high-school, justice, training, vigilante
- Country of Origin: USA (04-16-2010)
- Language: English
Austin Film Critics
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|2010||Austin Film Critics||Breakthrough Artist||Chloë Grace Moretz||Won|