Plot & Details
When his fourteen-year-old daughter, Annie, made a new friend online -- a sixteen-year-old boy named Charlie that she met in a volleyball chat room -- Will and Lynn didn't think much of it. They discussed his friendship with her, assuming that this is normal with teenagers who connect through the internet.
After weeks of communicating online, Annie becomes enraptured by Charlie and finds herself drawn to him more and more. Slowly she learns he is not who he claims to be, yet Annie remains intrigued by Charlie even as the truth about him is uncovered. The devastating revelation reverberates through her entire family, setting in motion a chain of events that forever change their lives in ways that no one could have ever predicted.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 104min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/01/2011
- DVD Release Date: 07/26/2011
- Distributor(s): Millennium Entertainment
- Director(s): David Schwimmer
- Starring: Clive Owen , Catherine Keener , Liana Liberato , Jason Clarke , Viola Davis
- Themes: Fathers and Daughters,Out For Revenge,Rape & Sexual Abuse,Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
- Tone: Cathartic,Disturbing,Ominous,Reflective
- Keywords: family, sexual-assault, teenagers
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-01-2011)
- Language: English