It's no surprise to see "Modern Family" star Sofia Vergara atop Forbes' annual list of the world's highest-paid TV actresses; what's shocking is by just how much the über-successful actress leads the pack.
Vergara was No. 1 on the list for the fifth year straight, but in 2016, her earnings were especially notable. She brought in a massive $43 million in the 12 months to June, according to the business publication's calculations. Between this year and last, the Colombian actress saw her earnings jump by a whopping 66 percent.
Vergara's 2016 number is so huge that it puts her nearly $20 million ahead of her next closest fellow female TV star. Following in a distant second was "The Big Bang Theory" with $24.5 million. (Somehow, we think Cuoco will still survive.)
Not only did Vergara crush all of her fellow TV actresses, she reportedly beat out all the men too. Interestingly, though, it wasn't her actual TV role that vaulted her ahead of all the rest. It turns out her endorsement and licensing deals for products that range from furniture to dandruff shampoo were key.
While Vergara's success story was perhaps the most obvious, she wasn't the only one doing well for herself. Check out the top 10 below.
1. Sofia Vergara ("Modern Family") - $43 million
2. Kaley Cuoco ("The Big Bang Theory") - $24.5 million
3. Mindy Kaling ("The Mindy Project") - $15 million
4 (tie). Ellen Pompeo ("Grey's Anatomy") - $14.5 million
4 (tie). Mariska Hargitay ("Law & Order: SVU") - $14.5 million
6. Kerry Washington ("Scandal") - $13.5 million
7. Stana Katic ("Castle") - $12 million
8. Priyanka Chopra ("Quantico") - $11 million
9. Julianna Margulies ("The Good Wife") - $10.5 million
10. Julie Bowen ("Modern Family") - $10 million