But the directing team did reveal one detail on Friday: They will be credited on the prequel as executive producers.
Speaking at the GLAS Animation Festival Friday in Berkeley, Calif., Miller told the audience. "We were really proud of the many contributions we made to that film. In light of the creative differences, we elected to take an executive producer credit."
Ron Howard stepped in to take over the film after the duo's dismissal last summer. The pair, whose films include "The LEGO Movie" and "21 Jump Street," said they wished everyone working on the film the best, according to Variety.
Their loose improvisational style and overly comedic tone were reportedly some of the major reasons they were taken off the project.
At the time, they released a statement saying, "Unfortunately, our vision and process weren't aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren't fans of the phrase 'creative differences' but for once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew."
Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy issued her own statement last year, saying, "Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it's become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we've decided to part ways."
"Solo," which stars Alden Ehrenreich as young Han Solo, opens on May 25.
Young Han Solo finds adventure when he joins a gang of galactic smugglers, including a 196-year-old Wookie named Chewbacca. Indebted to the gangster Dryden Vos, the crew devises a daring plan to travel to the mining planet Kessel to steal a batch of valuable coaxium. In need of a fast ship, Solo meets Lando Calrissian, the suave owner of the perfect vessel for the dangerous mission -- the Millennium Falcon. Read More