Luke Perry is joining a Quentin Tarantino film, y'all.
"Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" has Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio as the leads in the 1969 Mason Family story, with Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate. Burt Reynolds, Timothy Olyphant, Michael Madsen, and Tim Roth will also costar.
The ensemble just added several more names, via Deadline, with a few character details thrown in:
- British actor Damian Lewis("Billions") will play the one-and-only Steve McQueen
- Dakota Fanning has been cast as Squeaky Fromme, the Manson follower who went on to try to assassinate Gerald Ford.
- Emile Hirsch is hairstylist Jay Sebring, one of the four victims on the night of the Tate murders.
- Nicholas Hammond will play actor/director Sam Wanamaker
- Luke Perry will play "Lancer" actor Wayne Maunder
- Clifton Collins Jr., is Ernesto the Mexican Vaquero
- Keith Jefferson plays Land Pirate Keith
UPDATE: After this news came out, it was revealed that Al Pacino was also joining the film. He'll play Marvin Schwarz, agent of Leonardo DiCaprio's character.
The film is set in Los Angeles in 1969, following Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio), former star of a Western TV series, his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt); and Rick's very famous next-door neighbor, Sharon Tate (Margot Robbie).
Tarantino recently called DiCaprio and Pitt "the most exciting dynamic star duo since Paul Newman and Robert Redford." He also described this movie as "probably the closest to 'Pulp Fiction' that I have done."
"Once Upon a Time in Holllywood" is scheduled to open in theaters August 9, 2019.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.
Actor Rick Dalton gained fame and fortune by starring in a 1950s television Western, but is now struggling to find meaningful work in a Hollywood that he doesn't recognize anymore. He spends most of his time drinking and palling around with Cliff Booth, his easygoing best friend and longtime stunt double. Rick also happens to live next door to Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate -- the filmmaker and budding actress whose futures will forever be altered by members of the Manson Family. Read More