"Narcos" is rebooting itself after three seasons on Netflix. Season 4 is officially "Narcos: Mexico," leaving behind the cocaine war in Colombia and moving on to cover Mexico's Guadalajara cartel.
Production has also moved, fittingly enough, to Mexico City. Netflix revealed the first photos of stars Michael Peña ("Ant-Man") and Diego Luna ("Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"). That's Luna above, with Peña right here:
Here's the full synopsis for the '80s-set series:
"'Narcos: Mexico' will explore the origins of the modern drug war by going back to its roots, beginning at a time when the Mexican trafficking world was a loose and disorganized confederation of independent growers and dealers. Witness the rise of the Guadalajara Cartel in the 1980s as Félix Gallardo (Diego Luna) takes the helm, unifying traffickers in order to build an empire. When DEA agent Kiki Camarena (Michael Peña) moves his wife and young son from California to Guadalajara to take on a new post, he quickly learns that his assignment will be more challenging than he ever could have imagined. As Kiki garners intelligence on Félix and becomes more entangled in his mission, a tragic chain of events unfold, affecting the drug trade and the war against it for years to come."
Here's the mini teaser Netflix shared to promote the new series back in December:
Here's the full list of additional cast members, including a "Fear the Walking Dead" star as El Chapo:
• Aaron Staton (Mad Men) as Butch Sears
• Alejandro Edda (Fear the Walking Dead) as Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman
• Alfonso Dosal (Hazlo como hombre) as Benjamin Arellano Felix
• Alyssa Diaz (Ray Donovan, The Rookie) as Mika Camarena
• Clark Freeman (We Go On) as Ed Heath
• Ernesto Alterio (Cable Girls) as Salvador Osuna Nava
• Fermín Martinez (Lady of Steel) as Juan Jose Esparragoza Moreno (“El Azul”)
• Fernanda Urrejola (Bala Loca) as Maria Elvira
• Gerardo Taracena (Apocalypto) as Pablo Acosta
• Gorka Lasaosa (Brain Drain) as Hector Palma
• Guillermo Villegas (Sin Nombre) as Sammy Alvarez
• Horacio Garcia Rojas (Texas Rising) as Tomas Morlet
• Jackie Earle Haley (Watchmen, Little Children) as Jim Ferguson
• Joaquín Cosío (Quantum of Solace) as Don Neto (Ernesto-Fonseca Carillo)
• José María Yazpik (Narcos) reprises his role as Amado Carrillo Fuentes
• Lenny Jacobson (Nurse Jackie) as Roger Knapp
• Manuel Masalva (Mi corazón es tuyo) as Ramon Arellano Felix
• Matt Letscher (Scandal, The Flash) as James Kuykendall
• Tenoch Huerta (Sin Nombre) as Rafael Caro Quintero
• Teresa Ruiz (Here on Earth) as Isabella Bautista
• Tessa Ia (The Burning Plain) as Sofia Conesa
• Yul Vazquez (The Looming Tower, Magic City) as John Gavin
Pedro Pascal's name is not on that list. This story isn't about him anymore, which is going to disappoint any fans still hoping he'll be featured.
"Narcos: Mexico" will premiere on Netflix sometime later in 2018.
[Via: THR, ScreenRant]
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.