Plot & Details
Kate Reddy (Parker) devotes her days to her job with a Boston-based financial management firm. At night she goes home to her adoring, recently-downsized architect husband Richard (Kinnear) and their two young children. It's a non-stop balancing act, the same one that Kate's acerbic best friend and fellow working mother Allison (Christina Hendricks) performs on a daily basis, and that Kate's super-brainy, child-phobic young junior associate Momo (Olivia Munn) fully intends to avoid. When Kate gets handed a major new account that will require frequent trips to New York, Richard also wins the new job he's been hoping for--and both will be spreading themselves even thinner. Complicating matters is Kate's charming new business associate Jack Abelhammer (Brosnan), who begins to prove an unexpected source of temptation.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 91min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/16/2011
- DVD Release Date: 01/03/2012
- Distributor(s): Weinstein Co.
- Director(s): Douglas McGrath
- Starring: Sarah Jessica Parker , Pierce Brosnan , Greg Kinnear , Kelsey Grammer , Jane Curtin
- Themes: Office Politics,Foibles of Marriage
- Tone: Humorous,Poignant,Stylized
- Keywords: career, corporate-ladder, dilemma, family-responsibilities, love-vs-career
- Country of Origin: USA (09-16-2011)
- Language: English