Plot & Details
Throughout her life, young gymnast Andie Burton (Amy Jo Johnson) has dreamed of going to the Olympics, and there isn't anything she wouldn't do to achieve that goal -- even if it means wreaking havoc upon her health. Reprimanded by her coach for being on the "heavy" side, Andie goes to great lengths to lose weight. Finally, her teammate Leslie (Tara Boger) clues Andie in on a surefire method to drop pounds: eat all you want, then purge yourself. As a result, Andie develops a serious eating disorder, fluctuating wildly between anorexia and bulimia -- and there seems to be no way to reverse the damage, nor halt the pressures brought to bear by those supposedly looking out for her best interests. Real-life gymnast Cathy Rigby makes a brief appearance in this cautionary TV movie, which first aired September 8, 1997, on NBC.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 88min.
- DVD Release Date: 08/10/2004
- Distributor(s): NBC
- Director(s): Douglas Barr
- Starring: Amy Jo Johnson , Brett Cullen , Wendie Malick , Ray Baker , Tara Boger
- Themes: Mental Illness,Obsessive Quests
- Tone: Earnest
- Keywords: Olympic-sports, dreams-of-success, eating-disorders, gymnastics, obsession, perfection
- Language: English