USA Today has unveiled both the movie's main characters and the actors behind them, and they include Oscar winners (Octavia Spencer and J.K. Simmons), action stars (Idris Elba), comics (Tommy Chong and Jenny Slate), and seasoned voice actors (Alan Tudyk and Bonnie Hunt) alike. Here's a rundown of who's who in the ensemble:
- Idris Elba plays Chief Bogo (pictured above), a no-nonsense cape buffalo in charge of the Zootopia Police Department.
- Octavia Spencer plays Mrs. Otterton, an otter whose search for her missing husband sparks the film's plot.
- J.K. Simmons plays Mayor Leodore Lionheart, a noble lion who leads the city of Zootopia.
- Tommy Chong plays Yax the Yak, described as "the most enlightened, laid-back bovine in Zootopia."
- Nate Torrance plays Benjamin Clawhauser, a cheetah and pop star-loving member of the Zootopia Police Department.
- Jenny Slate plays Assistant Mayor Bellwether, a sheep known for her sweetness.
- Alan Tudyk plays Duke Weaselton, a weasel known for small-time crimes and running his mouth.
- Raymond Persi plays Flash, a sloth who works at Zootopia's DMV (a.k.a. Department of Mammal Vehicles).
- Ginnifer Goodwin plays Judy Hopps, a rabbit who's training to become a member of the Zooptopia Police Department.
- Bonnie Hunt plays Bonnie Hopps, Judy's mother.
- Don Lake plays Stu Hopps, Judy's father and a carrot farmer from nearby Bunnyburrow.
- Jason Bateman plays Nick Wilde, a charming fox working with Judy to solve Zooptopia's biggest crime.
Sounds like a promising group. For more photos of the characters, check out USA Today.
"Zootopia" is due in theaters on March 4.
[via: USA Today]
Photo credit: Disney/USA Today
From the largest elephant to the smallest shrew, the city of Zootopia is a mammal metropolis where various animals live and thrive. When Judy Hopps (Ginnifer Goodwin) becomes the first rabbit to join the police force, she quickly learns how tough it is to enforce the law. Determined to prove herself, Judy jumps at the opportunity to solve a mysterious case. Unfortunately, that means working with Nick Wilde (Jason Bateman), a wily fox who makes her job even harder. Read More