Winter is coming, and with it the war for Westeros in the final two seasons of "Game of Thrones." HBO is now shooting GoT Season 7, with filming in Northern Ireland, Spain, and Iceland.
Watchers on the Wall posted new details on extras being sought for filming in Spain from mid-November to December. Adults of all races, ages 18-50, will be considered at casting calls September 13-14. After screening applicants, WotW relayed, they will invite "only" 2,400 men and 600 women to return for the second day of casting. The final cut number is unknown, but it sounds like it could be pretty high.
Here's what the extras casting company is looking for:
– Thin people
– Men in good physical conditions- for soldiers. They mentioned that they "will value those with military experience."
– Men with short/medium/long hair and women with long hair.
– People with very modern hairstyles will be removed from the casting. Hair color has to be uniform, without streaks, and has to be natural hues- they don't accept colors such as green, blue, pink, etc.
– Men should be prepared to be grow or cut their facial hair, if needed.
– They prefer locals, and generally people who will actually be living in the Cáceres area during filming.
– Extras can have no visible tattoos.
They mention soldiers, military experience, and seem to be casting more men than women -- which hints to an army. There is always a battle ahead on this show, but when and where? King's Landing and Dorne seem like decent options, considering this is for filming in Spain and they are opening casting to all races. But WotW also added Oldtown as a potential location. Perhaps we'll see a combination of Dorne's army and Daenerys Targaryen's Unsullied and Dothraki?
An earlier casting call was focused on casting Northern characters, so don't go thinking they will be left out of the fun. And a heap of other roles were listed for new characters in King's Landing and elsewhere.
"Game of Thrones" Season 7 premieres in Summer 2017.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.