The so very guilty pleasure of the summer is back. "Bachelor in Paradise" Season 4 premieres tonight (Monday, Aug. 14), followed by another episode Tuesday, Aug. 15 on ABC.
Fans can expect a love triangle with "The Bachelorette" fan fave Dean Unglert, but ... no engagements? Or just no engagements yet?
Because of the sex scandal, which will be addressed, the season was cut down and compacted, Chris Harrison explained, and "therefore the show will extend back into the real world." Season 4 will also have a live finale. "The live [finale] at the end will be more like After the Final Rose where we're live, the show is wrapping up, and there will be people involved that were on the show because we have to find out where everybody is."
It's possible an engagement will be announced on the live finale. If there is an eventual engagement, Reality Steve guessed it might be between Derek Peth and Taylor Nolan.
UPDATE: Yes, Derek and Taylor did get engaged in the finale reunion special.
Here's the full cast:
- Dominique Alexis of "The Bachelor" Season 21
- Blake Elarbee of "The Bachelorette" Season 13
- Adam Gottschalk of "The Bachelorette" Season 13
- Fred Johnson of "The Bachelorette" Season 13
- Danielle Lombard of "The Bachelor" Season 21
- Diggy Moreland of "The Bachelorette" Season 13
- Matt Munson of "The Bachelorette" Season 13
- Raven Gates of "The Bachelor" Season 21
- Corinne Olympios of "The Bachelor" Season 21
- Amanda Stanton of "The Bachelor" Season 20 and "Bachelor in Paradise" Season 3
- Alexis Waters of "The Bachelor" Season 21
- Derek Peth of "The Bachelorette" Season 12
- Iggy Rodriguez of "The Bachelorette" Season 13
- Jack Stone of "The Bachelorette" Season 13
- Jonathan Treece of "The Bachelorette" Season 13
- Dean Unglert of "The Bachelorette" Season 13
- Daniel Maguire of "The Bachelorette" Season 12 and "Bachelor in Paradise" Season 3
- Sarah Vendal of "The Bachelor" Season 21
- DeMario Jackson of "The Bachelorette" Season 13
- Lacey Mark of "The Bachelor" Season 21
- Kristina Schulman of "The Bachelor" Season 21
- Nick "St. Nick" Benvenutti of "The Bachelorette" Season 12
- Danielle Maltby of "The Bachelor" Season 21
- Taylor Nolan of "The Bachelor" Season 21
- Robby Hayes of "The Bachelorette" Season 12
- Ben Zorn of "The Bachelorette" Season 11
- Jasmine Goode of "The Bachelor" Season 21
- Vinny Ventiera of "The Bachelorette" Season 12 and "Bachelor in Paradise" Season 3
- Alex Woytkiw of "The Bachelorette" Season 12
- Jaimi King of "The Bachelor" Season 21
- Haley and Emily Ferguson of "The Bachelor" Season 21 and "Bachelor in Paradise" Season 3
Reality Steve has been sharing his usual spoilers, and here are some updates for the short season and the finale:
Before filming was stopped for the Corinne/DeMario incident, three dates had taken place:
-Kristina with Dean
-Robby with Raven
-Matt and Jasmine
Rose Ceremony #1:
Jasmine gave her rose to Matt
Raven to Adam
Alexis to Jack
Lacey to Diggy
Kristina to Dean
Danielle to Ben Z.
Amanda to Robby
Taylor to Derek
Eliminated this episode: Vinny Venteria, Alex Woytkiw, Iggy Rodriguez, and Nick Benvenutti.
Rose Ceremony #2:
DLo with Dean
Sarah with Adam
Christen with Matt
Dominique with Diggy
"This is the episode where the Dean/Kristina/DLo love triangle essentially begins. Dean basically likes both of them. Was with Kristina from the word go, they spent time together after filming was stopped, they go back to film, DLo arrives, they go on a date and, well, all hell breaks loose. This will be the biggest drama of the season."
Jack gave his rose to Christen
Robby to Amanda
Diggy to Dominique
Dean to Kristina
Ben Z. to DLo
Adam to Raven
Derek to Taylor
Daniel to Lacey
Matt left at the cocktail party, then came back to the rose ceremony and gave his rose to Jasmine, then left the show for good. Not sure of the reason why.
Eliminated this episode: Danielle Maltby left during the episode for a charity trip in Africa. Alexis Waters and Sarah Vendal don't get roses at the rose ceremony.
Rose Ceremony #3:
Tickle Monster on date with Christen
Fred on date with Dominique
Blake Elarbee with Christen
Robby with Amanda.
The Dean/Kristina/DLo drama continued. Dean would spend a lot of time with DLo during the day, but then spend the night with Kristina. Ben Z. eliminates himself during the cocktail party.
Taylor gives her rose to Derek
Raven to Adam
Lacey to Daniel
Jasmine to Tickle Monster
Amanda to Robby
Dominique to Diggy
DLo to Dean
Christen to Jack
Eliminated this episode: Kristina Schulman leaves on her own during the rose ceremony. "Was sick of the Dean stuff, gave a little speech about not feeling appreciated, then left." Blake Elarbee and Fred Johnson eliminated at rose ceremony.
Jaimi on date with Diggy
Haley and Emily are set to go on a double date with Jack and Tickle Monster, but Jack ends up cancelling at the last minute. The twins are furious, go off on everybody, tell the whole group to f**k off, then leave.
If at first you don't succeed ... pic.twitter.com/zBly8O2HT6— Derek Peth (@PethDerek) August 14, 2017
Chris Harrison gave the couples the option of going home together, going home separately, or having an overnight date.
• Overnight dates: According to Steve, these three couples chose overnight dates: Daniel and Lacey, Derek and Taylor, and Adam and Raven.
• Going home separately: Jasmine and Tickle Monster, Christen and Jack, and Amanda and Robby go home separately. Diggy has to decide between Dominique and Jaimi, and decides they'll all leave separately. Dean tells DLo he loves Kristina, and they go home separately.
• The show reportedly just ends the morning after the overnight dates. "There were no engagements." However, Steve added, "It would not be surprising to see an engagement happen" on the live finale episode or reunion, "most likely Derek and Taylor. They are the couple that spent the most time together apparently, and Derek is with her in Seattle as we speak" (that was posted in early July).
Here are more couple tidbits from Steve, also from the July post:
• "Daniel and Lacey had hooked up before the show ever started. Lacey is goo-goo ga-ga over him. But Daniel is such a famewhore for wanting to be on TV, I'm pretty sure Lacey is way more into him than he is into her. They're currently "dating," but that doesn't mean much in this franchise."
• "Adam and Raven I believe are still seeing each other. Again, it's very hard to know because what these people consider "dating" is not what people who aren't on TV consider dating. I do know that while production was shut down, Adam hooked up with Sarah, hence the reason she asks him on her date when she arrives. And it's discussed. Raven I'm told is aware of this and this is discussed between them as well."
• "Amanda and Robby are currently dating, whatever that means."
• "As for the Dean/DLo/Kristina love triangle – it's still going on. Dean and DLo have been together since filming ended and both live in LA. Kristina is still in Kentucky. So again, your guess is as good as mine as to what's really going on. He breaks up with DLo on Paradise by telling her he loves Kristina, yet, he's hooked up with DLo post-filming. Which makes me think he might've been told to do that for TV purposes. But from what I've gathered, everything we're gonna see on this season of BIP with Dean/DLo/Kristina is still playing out as we speak. They're at odds over him, and he's still talking/seeing/in contact with both of them, but not exclusive with either. So anyone thinking Dean has a chance to be the next 'Bachelor,' you can forget it."
Chris Harrison did say they'd wait to announce the 2018 Bachelor until after BiP runs its course. So maybe it will remove Dean as an option, and really make it clear that Peter Kraus is still the No. 1 choice.
"Bachelor in Paradise" starts Monday at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.