The "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" cat is out of the bag ... sort of.
After director Susan Johnson got our hopes up by seemingly confirming a sequel via Instagram on Thursday, it turned out we're still in limbo. A Netflix representative responded to reports and told Variety the streamer is "purely in discussions" with Paramount's Awesomeness Films for the follow-up. Still, we're optimistic about the progress so far.
Johnson originally tweeted that "the cat's out of the bag" and thanked fans for their support. Although she later deleted the post, the fact that she initially thought it was okay to share it seems like a good sign. We're hoping it's only a matter of time before the news is really official.
In early September, star Noah Centineo told The Wrap that "everyone who was involved wants there to be a sequel." His co-star Lana Condor later shared there was a "strong wish for the green light." Add in the fact that "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" was a huge hit for Netflix, and it just seems like a sequel is almost an inevitability -- and a much-anticipated one at that.
Perhaps Johnson will announce the news (again) soon.