If you show up on "The Bachelor" dressed in a dolphin costume, you might not be there for "the right reasons." Then again, what are "the right reasons" to go on "The Bachelor"? Maybe Alexis, 23, the "aspiring dolphin trainer" from Secaucus, N.J. has it exactly right.
ABC just released details on the 30 bachelorettes who will fight over Nick Viall when Season 21 starts Monday, January 2.
Here are Nick's future ex-girlfriends:
It's not enough to look at the list, though. You should go to the official site to read the bios and look at the photos.Not to keep knocking Alexis the dolphin girl (who looks pretty normal in her photo, above), but here are a few of her bio answers:
- Alexis, 23, aspiring dolphin trainer, Secaucus, NJ
- Angela, 26, model, Greenville, SC
- Astrid, 26, plastic surgery office manager, Tampa, FL
- Briana, 28, surgical unit nurse, Salt Lake City, UT
- Brittany, 26, travel nurse, Santa Monica, CA
- Christen, 25, wedding videographer, Tulsa, OK
- Corrine, 24, business owner, Miami, FL
- Danielle L., 27, small business owner, Los Angeles, CA
- Danielle M., 31, neonatal nurse, Nashville, TN
- Dominique, 25, restaurant server, Los Angeles, CA
- Elizabeth ("Liz"), 29, doula, Las Vegas, NV
- Elizabeth, 24, marketing manager, Dallas, TX
- Hailey, 23, photographer, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Ida Marie, 23, sales manager, Harlingen, TX
- Jaimi, 28, chef, New Orleans, LA
- Jasmine B., 25, flight attendant, Tacoma, WA
- Jasmine G., 29, pro basketball dancer, San Francisco, CA
- Josephine, 24, unemployed nurse, Santa Cruz, CA
- Kristina, 24, dental hygienist, Lexington, KY
- Lacey, 25, digital marketing manager, Manhattan, NY
- Lauren, 30, law school graduate, Naples, FL
- Michelle, 24, food truck owner, Los Angeles, CA
- Olivia, 25, apparel sales representative, Nashville, TN
- Rachel, 31, attorney, Dallas, TX
- Raven, 25, fashion boutique owner, Hoxie, AR
- Sarah, 26, grade school teacher, Newport Beach, CA
- Susannah, 26, account manager, San Diego, CA
- Taylor, 23, mental health counselor, Seattle, WA
- Vanessa, 29, special education teacher, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Whitney, 25, Pilates instructor, Chanhassen, MN
And here are the press release details on the first episode, which -- of course -- includes crazy arrivals and (gasp) a "woman with a past - with Nick":
What are five things you can't live without? My family, my dog, my best friend, my fake eyelashes and whitening strips
What is your most embarrassing moment? My ex-boyfriend telling me I had a mustache at a Giants game.
What are you most afraid of? E.T. the alien
"Nick Viall, 36, a handsome, accomplished technology salesman from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, meets 30 potential soul mates as he begins his exciting search for true love.
In the premiere, 'Episode 2101,' Nick prepares for the night of his life as the 30 beautiful bachelorettes, all clamoring to meet him, begin to arrive. Sarah, a bubbly school teacher, runs up the driveway in sneakers to make the point that Nick isn't a "runner-up" in her eyes or heart. Jasmine G. is accompanied by the one-and-only Neil Lane, so that she can show Nick what engagement ring she prefers should he choose her that final day. Vanessa uses her multi-lingual skills in French and Italian to impress the Bachelor. Alexis shows off her exuberant side, not to mention a quirky obsession, when she rolls up decked out in a 'dolphin costume.' Liz is the woman with a past – with Nick. What is she hiding and what is her end game?
Once inside, things heat up between Nick and the women. The chemistry between Nick and Vanessa is palpable, and they look like they might have the first kiss of the season – if it wasn't for a very persistent Corinne who swoops in and steals Nick away. Danielle M. bonds with the Bachelor over their shared Wisconsin roots. Ultimately, Nick makes his first difficult decision as he offers the much-sought-after first impression rose to a breathtakingly beautiful bachelorette.
The long, stressful evening ends on a high note for 22 lucky women, who will continue on the path to capture Nick's heart."
If you're into spoilers, Reality Steve has already revealed who Nick (supposedly) picked and is now engaged to. Spoiler alert: It's not the dolphin girl.
"The Bachelor" begins Monday, January 2 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.