George Clooney made ungodly sums of money in the past year. Most of it was from his tequila business, not from acting. But since some was from movies, he made Forbes' list of the world's highest-paid actors -- and topped it by A LOT.
Like over a hundred million a lot.
The highest-paid actress list just came out, with Scarlett Johansson at No. 1, with $40.5 million from 2017-2018.
We kinda figured a Marvel star would top the guys' list, too, maybe Chris Pratt since he had both "Avengers: Infinity War" and "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom." But don't place your bets based on our tips, 'cause Pratt didn't even make the top 10 at all. He probably came close, but this list is stacked with so much cash it's not even funny. The list is still packed with Marvel dudes, but they didn't even top or dominate the list.
Mark Wahlberg was top last year with $68 million. He would've had to settle for fourth this year, with that take. But this year, he didn't make the list at all.
Here are the 10 highest-paid actors in the world, with earnings listed in pre-tax dollars from June 1, 2017 to June 1, 2018:
1. George Clooney, $239 million -- (DAAAAAAAMN, this is from the sale of his Casamigos tequila brand, plus income from his older movies, and endorsements)
2. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, $124 million (he was tops in 2016, this money is mostly for upfront pay for his gazillion movies, plus profits from "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle")
3. Robert Downey, Jr., $81 million (apparently $15 million was just from his brief role in "Spider-Man: Homecoming)
4. Chris Hemsworth, $64.5 million ("Thor: Ragnarok," "Avengers: Infinity War," "12 Strong")
5. Jackie Chan, $45.5 million (China's top movie star appeared in six movies, and also has his own line of movie theaters, and multiple endorsements)
6. Will Smith, $42 million ("Bright" got him about $20 million, plus advance pay for "Aladdin," and World Cup anthem)
7. Akshay Kumar, $40.5 million (Bollywood leading man, with multiple endorsements)
8. Adam Sandler, $39.5 million (Netflix deal and comedy gigs - it's inexplicable from here, but good for him)
9. Salman Khan, $38.5 million (Bollywood mainstay, with multiple endorsements in addition to Indian films)
10. Chris Evans, $34 million ("Avengers")
Again, Scarlett topped the lady list with $40.5 million -- which was a lot more than Emma Stone had to top the previous year's lady list -- and she would've landed 7th on the guys' list. Not comparing her to Clooney's tequila wealth, since that's separate from acting. But most of the money on this list is from movie pay (and endorsements, which the women get too), and the gap is still huge.
One bright side is that at least the men's list is more diverse, and representative of the world market. You didn't see any of that on the women's list.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.