FX was the top winner at the Television Critics Association awards for the third year in a row.
"The Americans" and star Keri Russell got top honors for the FX show's final season, with "Friends" earning the Heritage Award, and the late Anthony Bourdain's CNN show winning for News and Information.
Here's a statement from Daniel Fienberg, TCA President and The Hollywood Reporter TV critic:
"This year's TCA Awards offered the welcome opportunity to say goodbye to one of the era's most critically acclaimed shows in 'The Americans,' a drama that combined espionage thrills, high emotional stakes and international intrigue that couldn't have been more current.
Our other winners included new shows like 'Killing Eve' and 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,' rebooted shows like 'Queer Eye,' the anthological darkness of another 'American Crime Story' chapter and the hopefully timeless and unending wonder of 'Sesame Street.' As we always say, TV offers something for every audience in 2018 and if you can't find anything to watch, you're not trying hard enough and you need to read some more TV critics!"
Here's the list of 2018 TCA Award winners:
● Individual Achievement in Drama: Keri Russell ("The Americans," FX)
● Individual Achievement in Comedy: Rachel Brosnahan ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," Amazon)
● Outstanding Achievement in News and Information: "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown" (CNN)
● Outstanding Achievement in Reality Programming: "Queer Eye" (Netflix)
● Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming: "Sesame Street" (HBO)
● Outstanding Achievement in Sketch/Variety Shows: "Last Week Tonight With John Oliver" (HBO)
● Outstanding New Program: "Killing Eve" (BBC America)
● Outstanding Achievement in Movies And Miniseries: "The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story" (FX)
● Outstanding Achievement in Drama: "The Americans" (FX)
● Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: "The Good Place" (NBC)
● Program of the Year: "The Americans" (FX)
● Lifetime Achievement Honoree: Rita Moreno
● Heritage Award: "Friends" (NBC)
Here's the full list of nominees, in case you want to see which shows/stars these winners defeated.
The 2018 Emmys are coming on Monday, September 17, but it's possible this TCA list is giving us an early look at some of the big winners.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.